Weybridge Town Business Group – February 2018 Meeting
Notice of Weybridge Town Business Group Meeting to be held at Waitrose on Wednesday 21st February 2018
Our Focus for this meeting will be our Plans and Aims for 2018.
1. Welcome and Apologies
2. Membership and Finance Update
3. Plans for events in 2018
4. Aims for 2018
5. Parking Review update
6. Update from Councillors
7. Dementia Friendly Community progress
8. Any Other Business
New Members Welcome
Bring a friend and sign them up to the business group!
Paul Povey (Chairman)
Where & When
Our next meeting is on Wednesday 21st February and will be held at Waitrose in the High Street Weybridge. There is a car park behind the store.
Please sign in at the Welcome Desk.
Start time is 6pm and we usually finish by 7.30pm.
Address for Meeting
62 High Street,
Surrey KT13 8BL
Our Last Event – Merry Christmas Weybridge
Radio Programme & Video
Highlights from the Weybridge Christmas Market including The Children’s Lantern Parade and Celebrity Christmas Tree Lights Switch On.
Click on the play button above to listen to the programme by Brooklands Radio, presented by Alan Bosson, James Pearce and James Harvey.
All About Weybridge can recommend listening to Brooklands Radio
Also see the video below produced by Elmbridge BC, by clicking on the play button.
“Thanks to Angel C Grant who crowd-funded for improved lights and decorated the tree with amazing personalised baubles for those who had requested one. My kids absolutely love searching for their bauble as we walk past – such a lovely touch!”Daisy Huntington
Saturday 2nd December 2017
11am – 6pm
Santa Claus Is Coming To Town!
Artisan Food & Craft Market
Children’s Lantern Parade
Celebrity Christmas Tree Lights Switch On
Choirs, Hog Roast, Mulled Wine, Mince Pies
For more information click on the market image
Last Meeting (December 2018)
We discussed at our December meeting our actions in 2017 and agreements that we wish to pursue for 2018.
1. Christmas Lights Costs and Expenditure.
We raised £1479 of Sponsorship. £1895 of ECIF Funds with EBC.. £1004 Residents Crowdfunding Scheme, and £200 of Donations..
Total Revenue £4578..
Costs were £5019.89 (Two Large Xmas Trees +Lights. 30 Small xmas Trees +Lights. Trees lit erection and storage)
We will need to raise more funds for our 2018 Lights.
2. Christmas Market was a success on the 2nd December with the lights switch on and a partial closure of Baker Street.
3. The Presentation of the Streetscape scheme was successful, and funding now agreed although we may need to apply for increased funds. Initial results of building costs are higher than expected so a short delay whilst options are explored.
4. Banners are up.
5. Map project with Brooklands college agreed and maps will go at the station and Churchfields car park.
6. Dementia alliance within Weybridge progressing well.
7. We need to increase our membership. (We have 8 Current Members, raising £800 for 2018 Budget)
8. We will research and influence the parking survey.
More Information About Weybridge Town Business Group
Can be found on the detailed page for Weybridge Town Business Group.