Prize Winners Announced By Woking & Sam Beare Hospices For Their Christmas Raffle
The first prize cheque of £2,018 has been presented to Mr and Mrs Ledsome from Runnymede, when they visited the new Woking Hospice in Goldsworth Park. They are the lucky winners of the Christmas Raffle drawn on the 25th January 2018.
“We were amazed to find out we had won the first prize” commented Mr Ledsome “We haven’t decided what we will spend the money on yet but we have just become Great Grandparents”
Mr and Mrs Ledsome have lived in the area for over 50 years and are very aware of the care that Woking & Sam Beare Hospices provide both in the hospice itself and in the community. They have been supporting the hospice since 1999 by taking part in the raffle and the lottery and events run by their local church.
“The Woking & Sam Beare Christmas Raffle sold over 25,000 tickets with an amazing £10,000 of additional donations” commented Carole Miles Lottery and raffles Manager “We are delighted for our winners Mr and Mrs Ledsome and we would like to thank everyone for taking part and supporting us”.
THE OTHER WINNING NUMBERS ARE AS FOLLOWS
1st Prize £2018.00 – ticket no. 014507
2nd Prize £750.00 – ticket no. 228605
3rd Prize £500.00 – Ticket no. 110389
4th Prize £250.00 – Ticket no.105760
5th Prize £100.00 – Ticket no. 099393
Our 1st Birthday Raffle will be launched on Monday 12th March 2018 and will be drawn in June to mark our first year in the new State-of-the-art Hospice building in Goldsworth Park, Woking.
A patient-centred charity that delivers specialist palliative care to adult patients of all ages who have life-limiting and terminal illnesses. We cover the North West Surrey region, providing free of charge holistic care and support services for patients, their families and carers.
Key Facts About Woking & Sam Beare Hospices
- We deliver 8,760 hours of care and support each year
- Our team of specialist healthcare professionals care for our patients 24 hours per day, seven
days per week
- We care for approximately 1,400 patients each year
- Over 70% of our care is delivered in patient homes or care or nursing homes
- We receive referrals from Spelthorn, West Elmbridge, Woking, North Guildford, Surrey Heath and Runnymede but we can take patients outside of our region if required
- We are specialists in care for patients with advanced progressive complex needs
- We care for patients with, for example, advance dementia, heart disease, cancer,
degenerative conditions and kidney disease
- We care for adults of all ages [18 – 85+]
- Our services are completely FREE of charge
- We offer support services for carers and family members
- We provide child and teenage bereavement counselling
- Our Wellbeing Centre offers a range of treatments and therapies
- We have 816 fabulous volunteers, without whom we could not deliver all that we do
- We work closely with GPs and other clinicians to share knowledge and expertise
- For every £5 of costs incurred we need to raise £4 from voluntary income
- We need to raise in excess of £8 million a year to continue to deliver our services
Around 75% of what we deliver is funded through our charity shops and fundraising activities. We could not do this without the generosity of all of our supporters, volunteers and the local community.